The summer program will wrap up on Wednesday, August 16th and the After School Program will begin on Thursday, August 24th!
ASP (After School Program) hours will be:
Monday – Friday 3:00 – 7:00 PM
REGISTRATION – All students who plan to attend the program must be registered on-line. We ask that parents complete the registration process after they have been notified of who will be your child’s teacher this school year.
Parent orientation will be Wednesday, August 23rd at 6 PM at the Boys & Girls Club – 135 S 4th Street.
It is important to keep active kids hydrated. This hasn’t been a problem this year thanks to Laramie Range Water and Treatment for providing us with cold water that the kids enjoy!
The Boys & Girls Club has had guest speakers work with the summer program members on projects. During the Survivor Fort Night, Sheriff Deputy Isner and Search and Rescue Volunteer, Jeff Shupe, taught members how to stay safe in the outdoors. They taught how to use common items such as trash bags and a tarp to keep dry in the rain. They also taught some knot tying skills.
These opportunities have taken place in the Converse County Library’s “Maker Space” which is an area with excellent lighting, easy to clean surfaces and electrical cords the come down from the ceiling to accommodate any kind of project!
Boys & Girls Club of Douglas is hiring for the following positions:
Youth Development Professional
For more information and to apply click here
Currently in week 3 of the summer program and mid day sports a lot of smiling faces and the end of day sports a lot of worn out kids!
The desired outcomes for the Summer Program are:
– Kids are participating in Brain Gain and STEM programs that limit the summer learning slide
– Members are participating in Clubs within the Club to explore their interests
– Members achieve 60 minutes of activity on a daily basis
Good Character and Citizenship
– Members say the pledge every morning
– Members learn how to get along with others in a setting the is much less structured than school and where they are interacting with other kids who range in age from 6 to 16 years old.